7.28.2009

day 6: i'll go to college and i'll learn some big words

day 6: i'll go to college and i'll learn some big words
including my mother, there are 7 women in my immediate family. all strong-willed, bright, slightly overweight women.
all have college degrees except for me.
(i refuse to go down like that)
18 months ago i started my back to school campaign and today marks the very first time i've been able to sharpie anything off the never ending college to do list.
finish prereqs, take entrance exam, apply to schools. check, check and check.
now i just wait 2 years to get in. (what a joke)

in approximately 5 years from today, i too, will stand in line with the women of my family, holding a much-too-expensive framed piece of paper high, because i will have finally finished.
and just in time to realize that i won't actually be using it and my husband will continue to work overtime until he's 50 to pay for it, but hey, at least i'll have my degree.
because, "i'm smart. i went to college."