12.14.2007

happiness is


i'm longing for something more simple than this. life feels chaotic right now and i have no one to blame but myself. i create my own obligations. i have a hard time feeling complete with just being a good mom, a good wife, a good person in general. i need a lot of external affirmation. i hate that about myself.

i heard this song only a few days ago and it's been playing on repeat in my home. i fear if i listen to it one more time my ears may bleed. i'm not really a fan of the band, but the single off their last album is my new best friend.

when you slow down long enough you're able to recognize and appreciate the beauty in simplicity. the beauty in a simple melody that can carry an entire song. the beauty in the simplicity of your child's imagination. the beauty in just sitting next to your husband at the end of a very routine and simple day. the beauty in feeling good about yourself for simply doing your best...challengers

No comments: